Home Inspection Contract
Lightning Fresh Air Quality Services Inc.
Home Inspection Contract / Receipt
File #: ________________________
Address to be Inspected: _____________________________________________________
Inspection Date: ________________ Time Started: __________ Time Finished: ________
Weather conditions at time of inspection: ________________________________________
Type of house/residence: __________________________ Approx. Age: _____________
Client(s) Name(s): ___________________________________ Phone #: ______________
Mailing Address: ______________________________ City/Town: ___________________
Postal Code: ______________ Client E-mail Address: ____________________________
Date that Inspection report will be provided to Client: ______________________________
I/We, the above named client(s) request an inspection of the inspection address noted above. The inspection is to be performed by the below noted inspection company (firm) in accordance within the CanNACHI Standards of Practice, which includes roofing, flashings or chimney; exterior, including lot gradings, walkways, driveways, retaining walls, patios and decks; structure; electrical heating; heat pumps and cooling; insulation; ventilation; plumbing; and interior.
It is important for the client(s) to understand that the inspection is based on the limited visual inspection and the readily accessible aspects of the building. The report is representative of the inspector’s opinion of the observable conditions on the day of the inspection. While this inspection may reduce your risks of home ownership, it is not an insurance policy, warranty or guarantee on the home. This report is for the exclusive use of the contracted parties and may not be used by third parties without the prior written permission from the inspector/inspection firm. Also, this inspection does not include an inspection of any outbuildings or other structure not attached to the dwelling other than a garage or carport. Client initials: _____________.
I/We have read, understand and accept the terms & conditions as outlined here and on the page entitled “What To Expect From Your Inspection.” Client please initials here: __________.
Inspection Company: Lightning Fresh Air Quality Services Inc., License #:340503
RR 5, Site 504, Comp 17,
Stony Plain, AB, T7Z 1X5
Inspectors Name: __________________________ Inspectors License #: _____________
The Client(s), and Inspector(s), by signing below, agree to have read, understand and accept the terms of this contract.
_____________________________ ___________ ________________________
Client(s)/Representative Signature Date Print Na
_____________________________ ____________ ________________________
Inspector(s) Signature Date Print Name
Base Fee: ____________________ Payment Form: ________________________
Other: _______________________ Received By: __________________________
Tax: ________________________ Date Received: _________________________
Total Fee: ____________________
What To Expect From Your Inspection
- Purpose: The purpose of the inspection is to attempt to detect the presence of home defects by performing a visual inspection of the property and it is a snapshot of the condition of the home at the time of the inspection. This report will not address environmental concerns or provide cost estimates.
- Scope: The scope of the inspection is limited to the readily accessible areas of the property and is based on the condition of the property at the precise time and date of the inspection. Things can and do change and a home inspection will not stop these changes from occurring. Furthermore, as such, the report is not a guarantee or warranty that hidden defects do or do not exist. As a courtesy the INSPECTION COMPANY may point out conditions that contribute to possible home problems/defects, but such comments may not be part of the final report.
- Report: The CLIENT will be provided with a written report of the INSPECTION COMPANY’S visual observations. The INSPECTION COMPANY is not able to determine all deficiencies from visual observations alone. Some deficiencies may go unnoted in the report and the client accepts this. The report is not intended to comply with any legal obligations to disclosure. The Home Inspector is a Generalist, not a specialist in all disciplines.
- Exclusivity: The report is intended for the sole, confidential and exclusive use and benefit of the CLIENT and the INSPECTION COMPANY has no obligation or duty to any other party. The INSPECTION COMPANY accepts no responsibility for use by third parties. There are no third party beneficiaries to this agreement. This agreement is not transferable or assignable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the CLIENT understands that the INSPECTION COMPANY may notify the homeowner, occupant, or appropriate public agency of any condition(s) discovered that may pose a safety or health concern. Inspection is not Building Code or By-Law Compliance.
- Not an Insurance Policy, Guarantee or Warranty: It is understood the INSPECTION COMPANY and its associates are not insurers and that the inspection report shall not be construed as a guarantee or warranty of any kind.
- Major Problems: The purpose of the Home Inspection is to find and identify visible existing major problems apparent on the visual inspection of the home. Home Inspectors can greatly reduce the risk of a home purchase, but it is impossible to totally Eliminate the Risk.
- Litigation: The parties agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be filed only in the Court having jurisdiction in the Province in which the INSPECTION COMPANY has its principal place of business. If the INSPECTION COMPANY is the substantially prevailing party in any such litigation, the CLIENT shall pay all legal costs, expenses and attorney’s fees of the INSPECTION COMPANY in defending said claims.
- Environmental Concerns: The home inspection will NOT address environmental concerns including, but not limited to: air quality, water quality/quantity, sealed/underground fuel storage tanks, UFFI, asbestos, radon gas, molds, toxins, etc. The home inspection report will also NOT address infestation by wood boring insects, rodents or other vermin. The CLIENT understands and acknowledges that it may be necessary to call on specialists in these areas to identify and evaluate these risks. Client please initial here___________.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the PARTIES. No statement or promise made by the INSPECTION COMPANY or its respective officers, agents, or employees shall be binding.
- Standards of Practice: The inspection shall be completed in accordance within the CanNACHI Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics found at www.cannachi.org and the Alberta Home Inspection Business Regulations.
The client is strongly advised to clarify anything that they don’t understand.